Achieve supercharged music practice by learning how to practice more effectively!
In this podcast, Katie Wardrobe has an open discussion about music with Modacity founder Marc Gelfo about the app he’s made. They also talk about what it’s like to create a mobile app from scratch, and tips for practicing more effectively.
Katie is definitely able to teach music, but right now, she isn’t teaching in a school. Instead, she’s following her passion for helping music teachers through Midnight Music. The business she’s started helps music educators to use technology to better their teaching. Through tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources, Katie is helping her fellow music educators to use tech to streamline the music learning process.
IN THIS PODCAST
- The gap between what science knows about learning and what musicians do
- The process Marc went through to build Modacity, and what inspired him to create it
- A free online training course for music educators!– 9 iPad Apps Music Teachers Love and How To Use Them
- How to use deliberate practice in your music practice
- Exercising your body before practicing
- What bass teacher Jason Heath thinks of Modacity
- What to do if you’re a music educator using Modacity for your students
- Other useful tools and platforms like Thunkable, Trello, Asana, and ZenKit