Are you a musician who’s always on a quest to better your performance?
Look no further! This podcast featuring our founder Marc Gelfo joining Mark Stoddard of CS Music to openly discuss their thoughts on music will be right up your alley.
IN THIS PODCAST
Stoddard and Gelfo first discuss Gelfo’s background, and how he transitioned from cognitive science to a music career. Then they dive right in, conversing about effective music practice, performance and how to own the stage as musician!
Here’s brief overview of what was talked about in this episode:
- Concerning being able to improve musically regardless of what instrument you play, Gelfo says, “It’s 90% music and 10% the instrument you play”
- The massive gap between what scientists know about learning, and music practice
- How Gelfo discovered a technique for an accelerated learning method and applied it to his own music practice
- What you can do to manage your own musical learning process with Modacity
- Malcolm Gladwell’s 10,000 hours of work and how quality of practice factors into whether or not those hours actually count towards your musical mastery
- Why the 10,000 hour benchmark performance is the summation of all those hours
- How a singer can own a stage when performing
- The importance of connecting with an audience